If you choose EPC, your card will arrive with instructions on how to activate it and use it without incurring any fees.
- Benefits of EPC
Benefits of selecting the EPC to receive your Unemployment, Temporary Disability or Caregivers Insurance payments There are many benefits to using the EPC:
- No waiting for a check to arrive in the mail.
- No worries about getting your check cashed or expensive check cashing fees.
- Access your money on the network or by presenting your Mastercard EPC at point-of-sale or ATM locations.
- To find all ATM locations nearest you, click here and enter your zip code.
- Safe, fast, and convenient access to your money without incurring any fees if used properly.
- KeyBank Customer Service toll-free number (1-866-295-2955) is available to answer your questions and obtain your account balance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is no fee to access your account online or via the interactive voice response system.
- Use the website, www.Key2Benefits.com to check a balance, review a transaction history, and to request a mailed paper statement.
- The envelope containing the card
In order to protect you from potential card theft, your card will arrive in a white, unmarked, windowed envelope; please be on the lookout for this once you select EPC as your form of benefit payment.
- Activating your card
You cannot use the EPC until it has been activated. Activate your card immediately after you receive it by calling the KeyBank Customer Service toll-free number at 1-866-295-2955 and selecting a 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). For security reasons, it is important that you pick a PIN that only you would know. Do not share your PIN or the card with anyone. You should never write your PIN on your card.
- Changing from Direct Deposit to EPC
- Request a new card
Please call the toll-free KeyBank Customer Service Center, 1-866-295-2955, if your card is lost or stolen. A new card will be issued and any remaining balance will be transferred to the new card.
- New Mastercard logo information
Starting in April of 2017, Mastercard implemented a new logo. You will see the new logo more as the year progresses. Your card will work exactly the same whichever logo is on it.
Use Your Card / Avoid Fees
- When will the funds be deposited?
Whether you have direct deposit or the Electronic Payment Card, benefits will be deposited within 24 to 48 business hours after approval by the Department of Labor and Training.
Approval is based on monetary eligibility and medical certification from your Qualified Health Care Provider if required. You should always check your balance before using the card. You may conduct balance inquiries free of charge online at www.Key2Benefits.com OR you may call KeyBank Customer Service toll-free number, 1-866-295-2955.
- Using card at ATM
You can get FREE ATM cash withdrawals at more than 40,000 in-network Allpoint, Bank Rhode Island and KeyBank ATMs nationwide. Look for the Allpoint logo at ATMs at CVS, Target, Hess, Mobil and Exxon gas stations, etc. There are 187 Allpoint locations in Rhode Island.
- You may use any out-of-network ATM to withdraw funds, however, you will be assessed $1.95 per transaction, plus any additional surcharge assessed by the ATM owner.
- When using your card at an ATM, insert the card and enter your 4-digit PIN. Each ATM may have a specific maximum withdrawal. If you need to withdraw more than the maximum ATM withdrawal allowed, see a teller at any MasterCard bank.
- Press "Withdrawal" and then "Checking."
- Follow the instructions until the transaction is completed.
- Don't forget to take your cash, your card, and your receipt.
- You may use your MasterCard EPC to perform a bank teller transaction at any MasterCard member bank free of charge. Member banks are banks that accept Mastercard and will often display the logo at branch offices.
- If you are unsure if a bank is a Mastercard member bank, simply ask the teller.
- There are 265 Mastercard member banks in Rhode Island, and you can perform your free transaction at any of these teller windows.
- When using your card at the bank teller window, present your card and tell the cashier the amount of cash you wish to receive (the teller cannot perform a balance inquiry on your account). You may be asked to show identification and sign a receipt.
- Using card to make purchases
Simply present your card when paying. You can use your MasterCard EPC anywhere you see the MasterCard logo displayed.
- Select debit or credit on the Point-of-Sale (POS) machine. If you select debit you will be prompted to enter your 4-digit PIN. If you select credit, you may be asked to sign the receipt.
- The money is automatically deducted from your account.
- You may also ask for cash back with your purchase (for debit transactions only) at many merchant locations.
- There is never a fee for making a purchase with your card.
- Transferring balance
EPC customers do not have to visit an ATM or bank teller to transfer funds from their Key2Benefits account to another account of their choice. Simply go online and complete a Card to Account Transfer, free of charge.
- Access the EPC account via Key2Benefits.com
- Click on the Card to Account Transfer link found on the navigation menu on the left side of the Key2Benefits.com web page.
- Enter the required information which includes dollar amount, account number, routing number, account type, and security code. Click Continue.
- Verify the information you entered is correct. If so, click Submit.
- It takes approximately 2 business days for funds to be transferred to the designated account.
- Cards with balances from Chase
The balance in your Chase account will not be transferred to your newly issued KeyBank account. Continue to use your Chase card until you have spent all the money in that account. DO NOT throw away your Chase card until the balance is zero. If you have misplaced your Chase card or you have questions regarding your Chase account, contact Chase Customer Service at 1-866-847-8586.
Check your Card Balance
- Perform balance inquiry
You may conduct balance inquiries easily and free of charge online at www.key2benefits.com OR You may call KeyBank Customer Service at 1-866-295-2955 OR You may check your account balance at Allpoint, BankRI and KeyBank ATMs for no fee.
- Forgotten PIN
Call the KeyBank Customer Service number on the back of your card 1-866-295-2955.
- Change name/address on card
To change your name and/or address on your KeyBank MasterCard, call either the Unemployment Insurance Call Center at 401-415-6772 or the Temporary Disability Insurance (TDI) Customer Service Center at 401-462-8420.
- If card is lost or stolen
Please call the toll-free KeyBank Customer Service Center, 1-866-295-2955 if your card is lost or stolen. A new card will be issued and any remaining balance will be transferred to the new card.
- Contact information for questions/issues
Questions or issues regarding the Electronic Payment Card should be directed to KeyBank Customer Service at 1-866-295-2955.