Unemployment Resources for Employers

Layoff Prevention and Response

Employer FAQs

Complete the form by answering all questions and indicating the reason for separation. The information provided will be reviewed and the Department will notify you if a telephone interview is necessary. You must return this form within 10 business days in order to have standing to contest any determination with respect to the individual’s claim.

If you received a Notice of Claim Filed this means that the wages this individual earned from your company are being used to establish a claim. Normally, the wages used to establish a claim consist of the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters before the starting date of the claim. The calendar quarters are:

January 1 through March 31

April 1 through June 30

July 1 through September 30

October 1 through December 31

If an individual does not meet the minimum earning requirements, we will re-compute the claim using the last four completed calendar quarters before the starting date of the claim.

You can update your name and/or address here. Your username is the company’s Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and the password is the company’s Employer Reference Number (ERN).

The chargeable employer is the most recent base period employer for whom the claimant was separated and had worked at least 4 weeks and earned at least 20 times minimum wage in each week.

Bills are printed on the 7th of the month and mailed out by the 15th. Employers will typically receive within 7 days of mailing.    

To submit your separation report, you can:

  • Fax it to the Unemployment Insurance Division at: 401-462-8070 or 401-462-8666
  • Register for SIDES E-Response

If you have any issues submitting your report or have questions, you can complete the Employer Help form to receive a call from the department for further assistance.