Rapid Response is the best approach to overcoming the fears of permanent layoffs and closures. A special team of reemployment experts will visit your place of business to ease this fear and assist with the transition of your dislocated workers.
Rapid Response coordination can benefit employers by:
- Assisting with early intervention to allow employers and workers to communicate their concerns
- Improving morale and productivity and lowering absenteeism due to reduced stress
- Assisting in managing your human resource needs
- Counseling affected workers in their efforts to return to work
- Educating employers on such topics as Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN), Trade Adjustment Assistance Act (TAA), Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), and other programs.
- Helping maintain a good corporate relationship with the community
- Rapid Response will schedule a management meeting at your place of business at your convenience, where you will be provided with consistent and accurate information about state and federal programs to assist you and your affected employees.
- Rapid Response presents group employee orientations on or off-site. The presentations include overviews on unemployment benefits and how to access the appropriate federally funded programs that are available.
- Rapid Response will assess the needs of the workforce by administering a worker survey. A survey will provide the information necessary to address the individual needs of the workers.
Incumbent Worker Training
Incumbent Worker Training may also be available. Please see the following resources for more information.
- Layoff Aversion / Business Retention Incumbent Worker Training Program Guidelines
- Incumbent Worker Training Program Application
For further information on Rapid Response Services, please contact Susan Biagioni at 401-462-8723.
This phone number is not intended for individual Unemployment Insurance claimants, and will not provide access to the UI Call Center. To contact the Call Center please call 401-415-6772.
Trade Adjustment AssistanceThe Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Program is a federal program established under the Trade Adjustment Assistance Reauthorization Act of 2015 that provides aid to workers who lose their jobs or whose hours of work and wages are reduced as a result of increased imports.
Learn more >>>