Current Employment Statistics
This is a monthly survey of business establishments. Approximately 900 Rhode Island businesses participate in the CES survey, providing the LMI Division with a monthly count of employees, hours worked, and wages paid. CES provides current estimates of non-farm establishment employment, as well as hours and earnings for production workers employed in the manufacturing sector. The employer responses are incorporated into statistical models developed by BLS, which generate employment estimates for the state’s major industries each month.
Annual Establishment Employment Tables
- RI Seasonly Adjusted: 2021 Excel
- RI Not Seasonally Adjusted: 2021 Excel
- Providence-Warwick, RI-MA NECTA, Not Seasonally Adjusted Excel
- Providence-Warwick, RI-MA NECTA, seasonally adjusted Excel
- RI Seasonally Adjusted Employment Current Month Comparison Excel
- Total Nonfarm Employment in Rhode Island for Current Month Excel
- Manufacturing Employment, Hours, & Earnings in RI for Current Month Excel
- Average Hours & Earnings of Production Workers in Manufacturing Excel
- 2020 Benchmark Results
Rhode Island, Seasonally Adjusted
Rhode Island, Not Seasonally Adjusted
Providence-Warwick, RI-MA NECTA, Not Seasonally Adjusted
National Current Employment Statistics: Bureau of Labor Statistics' Current Employment Statistics (CES) program.